Tips for Healthy Skin
- Wash up. Bathe in warm not hot water; use mild cleansers that don’t irritate; and wash gently,don’t scrub.
- Block sun damage. Avoid intense sun exposure, use sunscreen, and wear protective clothing.
- Don’t use tanning beds or sunlamps. They emit the same harmful UV radiation as the sun.
- Avoid dry skin. Drink plenty of water, and use gentle moisturizers, lotions, or creams.
- Reduce stress. Stress can harm your skin and other body systems.
- Get enough sleep. Experts recommend about 9 hours a night for teens and 7-8 hours for adults.
- Speak up. Talk to your doctor if you notice any odd changes to your skin, like a rash or mole that changes size or color.